The Lighter Side
Shop Lighter Side.com for the perfect inexpensive gift. Lighter Side offers funny T-shirts, famous brand collectibles, plus holiday decorations and personalized gifts. Recycle
Friday, April 29, 2016
It's no secret: moms and daughters get closer as we get older. When you're younger, it seems you don't' have much in common with your mom. She doesn't understand your life. How you really are in love and you will not grow out of it. When you're a teenage girl you don't realize that Mom is right: you're not, really in love. And yes, you will grow out of it.

Mom calls those my "Drama Days".  Now I'm a mom, wife,  personal shopper, maid and chauffeur just like Mom was. And I'm also chief shoulder to cry on — now that my daughter has entered her own Drama Days. So when she rolls her eyes at me and insists that I just don't get it, I don't take it personally.

Someday she'll grow up just like her mom did. Someday we'll be best friends just like her grandmother and I are. And someday, probably after she's a mom, too, she might even come to me and say, "Mom, you were right. About everything." Just like I did.

Your "Happy Mother's Day" Gift Guru
Linda

Posted by: Linda | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.