The Lighter Side
Shop Lighter Side.com for the perfect inexpensive gift. Lighter Side offers funny T-shirts, famous brand collectibles, plus holiday decorations and personalized gifts. Recycle
Friday, July 31, 2015

Officials in Melbourne, Australia had a great idea for taking care of the city’s many trees: they assigned an email address to each tree so citizens could report problems like dangerous branches. But instead, the people of Melbourne wrote thousands of love letters to their favorite trees.

Here’s an excerpt from one of my favorites:
Dear Algerian oak,
Thank you for giving us oxygen. Thank you for being so pretty. I don’t know where I’d be without you to extract my carbon dioxide. (I would probably be in heaven.) Stay strong, stand tall amongst the crowd. You are the gift that keeps on giving.
And some people even received delightful replies:
Dear Green Leaf Elm,
I hope you like living at St. Mary’s. Most of the time I like it too. I have exams coming up and I should be busy studying. You do not have exams because you are a tree...we don’t have a lot in common, you being a tree and such. But I’m glad we’re in this together.
Cheers,
F
Hello F,
I do like living here. I hope you do well in your exams. Research has shown that nature can influence the way people learn in a positive way, so I hope I inspire your learning. Best wishes,
Green Leaf Elm

What would you say if you could write to your favorite trees? Maybe it’s time to start composing — “tree mail” could be coming to your city soon!

Your “Love a Tree” Gift Guru,
Linda

Christmas Tree In A Can Tree Of Life Jewelry Set The Mini Bonsai Tree Kit
Posted by: Linda | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.