The Lighter Side
Shop Lighter Side.com for the perfect inexpensive gift. Lighter Side offers funny T-shirts, famous brand collectibles, plus holiday decorations and personalized gifts. Recycle
Friday, February 10, 2017
'Tis the season to be pregnant - at least among my friends and family. That means lots and lots of baby showers are in my future. And for brand new parents, it means there is tons and tons of advice in their future. I can't even count the tidbits of pregnancy and baby wisdom passed down through the generations in my family. With the advice new parents get from friends and coworkers, it adds up to more than any person can remember.

 So I thought I'd boil down three of my favorites (you know, the ones that really work!)
  • First (and most important in my opinion), sleep equals more sleep. If your new bundle of joy is waking up too early, put them to bed earlier, not later. Believe it or not, they'll sleep longer. 
  • Second, give an eyedropper of plain water every single day. Let's face it, baby will have to take some kind of medicine eventually. Getting them used to the eyedropper early makes it seem like just a part of any other day, which means you won't have to battle baby when it comes time to take medicine.
  • Third, help your colicky baby sleep with white noise. My grandmother used to turn on the vacuum and leave it running to help us sleep. I'm told a noisy box fan or even a TV tuned to static can calm your child and help them get through a difficult night.
As you head out to baby showers this spring, you'll hear lots of advice from friends and family of the parents-to-be, most of which they won't remember. So jot down the three tidbits I just shared on the gift card. They might not remember the gift you gave, but they'll love you for giving the gift that keeps on giving - tips they can actually use!

Your "Making Room for Baby" Gift Guru,
Linda

Posted by: Linda | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.