The Lighter Side
Shop Lighter Side.com for the perfect inexpensive gift. Lighter Side offers funny T-shirts, famous brand collectibles, plus holiday decorations and personalized gifts. Recycle
Friday, April 14, 2017
Housework, if you do it right, will kill you. 
~Erma Bombeck

Every year we go through our spring cleaning ritual. And every year I wonder if it's worth it. Sure it's nice to shake everything out and get the dust bunnies (and their babies) out from under the furniture, but is it worth the fret and worry and the sheer exhaustion?

I was reading an old Erma Bombeck book the other day and I realized: she was right about so many things. But the thing she was most right about was the futility of housework. Here's another of her famous cleaning quotes:
"My theory on housework is, if the item doesn't multiply, smell, catch fire, or block the refrigerator door, let it be. No one else cares. Why should you?"
I don't know if I'm just getting older or lazier (or some combination of the two), but I'm starting to see the wisdom in Erma's words. Maybe this year I'll just let those bunnies breed. Or, better yet, I'll get the kids to do all the work. I think Erma would approve.

Your "Bye-Bye Housework!" Gift Guru,
Linda

Posted by: Linda | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.