The Lighter Side
Shop Lighter Side.com for the perfect inexpensive gift. Lighter Side offers funny T-shirts, famous brand collectibles, plus holiday decorations and personalized gifts. Recycle
Friday, September 9, 2016
When I was a kid, I collected coins with my grandmother. I didn't exactly let my friends know about it, because I knew they'd think it was "nerdy". But it was something I could enjoy with my grandmother and she would never call me a nerd. We used to search out all kinds of different denominations from circulating currency back then. And later we got into specially minted collectible coins. Because of her, I still collect them. (I even have the entire set of state quarters, collected one-by-one.)

These days I'm too old to care whether anyone thinks I'm a nerd, so I proudly display my collection. My favorites are pop culture coins, especially ones that celebrate and honor my favorite actors, singers, and comedians. Every time I add a few new pieces, I reconnect with those very early memories of sitting at my grandmother's kitchen table and sorting coins on her floral vinyl tablecloth.

And that's just priceless.

Your "Coin Nerd" Gift Guru,
Linda

Posted by: Linda | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.