The Lighter Side
Shop Lighter Side.com for the perfect inexpensive gift. Lighter Side offers funny T-shirts, famous brand collectibles, plus holiday decorations and personalized gifts. Recycle
Friday, August 11, 2017
Remember your neighborhood Bookmobile? Ours turned me into a full-fledged bookworm. I'd read anything they had on board from short stories to comic books to biographies. My daughter, whose birthday is just around the corner, inherited my bookish ways so I never have trouble finding just the right gift for her.

If there's anything a bookworm loves, it's a new lamp. Even if it's not a reading lamp, a little mood lighting goes a long way toward setting the stage for a long summer's night with a good book. Since my daughter is also a self-avowed tree-hugger, this Tree of Life Lamp is perfect.

Pillows run a close second. Especially when your favorite bookworm likes to find cozy out-of-the-way spots to read. It doesn't have to be a giant body pillow or one of those ergonomically correct reading cushions. A comfy pillow that supports the lower back will do. All the better if you can find one with a lovely sentiment to remind them of you as they read.

And for when they're not reading, how about something that reminds them of their favorite pastime? A jewelry box disguised as a book hides valuables and fits nicely on any shelf, nightstand, or dresser. It has compartments for rings, bracelets, necklaces, watches, and other little keepsakes. My daughter brought some some fallen leaves from William Faulkner's estate on a field trip last year. I have a feeling this will be the perfect place to store them.

I'm grateful for all the bookworms in my life. Not only do they share their latest "great reads" with me, it's easy to pick out their perfect gift. Even if all else fails, there's always a good book!

Your "Reading is Fun!" Gift Guru,
Linda
Posted by: Linda | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.