The Lighter Side
Shop Lighter Side.com for the perfect inexpensive gift. Lighter Side offers funny T-shirts, famous brand collectibles, plus holiday decorations and personalized gifts. Recycle
Friday, June 2, 2017
Every year, I ask my dad what he wants for Father's Day. The answer is always the same: "I don't need anything."

To which I reply, "That's not really the point of Father's Day, Dad." Then he just waves me off with that universal Dad Grunt, which leaves me to my own devices as far as finding the perfect gift for Pop.

This year he surprised me. When I asked what he wanted, he said, "No gifts. I want all of you and all the grandkids to turn off your infernal gizmos and gadgets. Just for a while."

"That's all?" I asked.

"Yep. Let's just have dinner and talk to each other for a change," he said. Then he crossed his arms over his chest and looked over his reading glasses at me, "Really, Linda. That's all I want."

Now anyone with kids knows that it's a mighty feat to get them off of their devices even for a minute, let alone an hour or two. But I'm going to make it happen, even if I have to be the Bad Guy this Father's Day.

Because my dad has never asked for anything for Father's Day in his life. So if that's what Dad wants, that's what he's getting! But he'll have to forgive me if I pick out one or two nice gifts, too. Because being a gift guru is in my blood and that's what I want to do for Father's Day.

Your "Tune Into Dad" Gift Guru,
Linda
Posted by: Linda | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.