The Lighter Side
Shop Lighter Side.com for the perfect inexpensive gift. Lighter Side offers funny T-shirts, famous brand collectibles, plus holiday decorations and personalized gifts. Recycle
Friday, May 26, 2017
I can't believe I got sunburned. I always carry my sunscreen and my trusty (very) old floppy sunhat with me. Well, I guess I have to say "almost always" now.

When I set out for an art festival last weekend, I managed to leave every one of my sunburn-beating barriers behind. I even forgot my rain umbrella, which I'm not afraid to use under the blinding, burning sun. I don't care if I embarrass my dear family, some of whom insist on walking a few paces behind or ahead of me.

"I might look crazy, but I don't look like a lobster," I tell them.

Until now. I'm burned to a crispy, blotchy, soon-to-be-peeling shell of my former sensible self. My poor nose got the worst of it. You can see that thing coming from 100 long paces. It's a burning hot blistery mess that I can feel not just when I wash my face or go back into the sun, but every single second of the day.

Even my daughter agrees that this nose is a lot more embarrassing than using an umbrella when there's no rain. After casting her eyes upon my mangled muzzle, she even bought a floppy sunhat of her own. I guess that's the silver lining: parenting isn't always about setting a good example. Being an object lesson can be just as effective.

Your "More Aloe!" Gift Guru,
Linda

Posted by: Linda | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.