The Lighter Side
Shop Lighter Side.com for the perfect inexpensive gift. Lighter Side offers funny T-shirts, famous brand collectibles, plus holiday decorations and personalized gifts. Recycle
Friday, November 10, 2017
With Halloween behind us, it's time to start thinking about the next holiday - Thanksgiving! It's my favorite because it's all about food and family. And showing gratitude for those we love and all we have.

"Turkey Day" is an American holiday to us, but it's really one of many harvest festivals around the world. West Africa, Barbados, and China celebrate the end of the work season, bringing families and communities together for a few days of feasting, dancing and - most importantly - being thankful.

A lot of cultures even give thanks for the enormous amount of work it takes to create a great feast. I've taken up this custom myself.

So what if the store is crowded? Or if it's dark and cold outside? Or if the traffic is getting on my very last nerve? If I remember why I'm doing it - to celebrate the abundance I share with my friends and family - it suddenly doesn't feel like work anymore.

So, on this "turkey day", let's all just pause in the midst of our holiday duties. Let's  take a moment to reflect on the reason for the harvest festival season. You'd be surprised at how being grateful - even for a short moment - really lightens the load.

Your "Got Gratitude?" Gift Guru
Linda
Posted by: Linda | 8:00 AM | permalink
Newer›  ‹Older

© 2017 Johnson Smith Co.